Mercy has been teaching Salsa for over 18 years, and has extensive training in Salsa/Latin dance and instruction. She began teaching Salsa lessons in Denver at Sevilla at the Ice House in 2000. Salsa career highlights include:
• Featured dance instructor for workshops offered at the Denver Bacardi Salsa Congress in 2000
• Salsa instructor at Blue Ice Martini Lounge
• Member of “Salsa Caliente” 2000 -2002, performed in numerous events including the Los Angeles Salsa Congress and several other venues
• Salsa and Salsa Cardio instructor at Latin Dance FX dance studio
• Choreographed and performed the “Salsa Matrix” routine for the Diabetes Foundation fundraiser at Rumbay’s in Colorado Springs and at the Salsa Central Denver Salsa Bash in 2004
• Salsa instructor at Synergy dance studio in Colorado Springs, Salsa cardio classes at Forest Gym, Fort Carson, CO, and at Gammon Gym at Fort Knox, KY
• Salsa instructor for over six years at Que Bueno Mexican Grill in Westminster, CO
• Salsa Instructor for Salsa Central Denver at the Denver Turnverein for nine years
Mercy Gonzales has over 40 years of dance experience. She has been dancing and performing since age five and has studied and performed tap, jazz, modern, hip hop, and a wide variety of Latin dances. She performed as part of a high school Mexican Folkloric dance team, was a cheerleader her freshman year at North Dallas High School, was a high school dance team member for three years where she made officer which started her teaching choreographed routines.
Mercy has studied under many talented instructors including Edie the Salsa Freak, Rafael Ayure and Barbara Novoryta, She performed with Griselle Ponce Immersion Program show @LA Salsa Congress in 2011, took workshops in NYC with Maria and Eddie Torres NYC 2013, and numerous others instructors. She started up her own Salsa team in 2011. As Team Director/Choreographer of Hot Salseras Dance CO., she petitioned and was invited to perform in the L.A. Salsa congress in 2011. Her Ladies styling dance team performed at many local events and night clubs including La Rumba, Pisco Sour, Salsa Central Denver- Denver Turnverein, Que Bueno Mexican Grill, and the Buckley Air force Base Hispanic heritage month.
She also choreographed and performed with her Las Divas Ladies styling team for the Denver Salsa and Bachata Salsa Congress 2013. She took performed with her ladies Salsa performance team at the Puerto Rico Salsa Congress in 2014.
Mercy has been teaching Latin Dance since 1999. She teaches Salsa, Bachata, Cha-Cha-Cha, Cumbia, Reggaetón, Merengue, Mexican Folkloric Dance, and Bomba and Plena (Puerto Rican Folkloric Dance). She is available for private lessons, group classes, salsa performance/competition routines, and dance entertainment.